After a tough year, here’s some good news. In spite of COVID, advocates for farm animals and alternative proteins achieved a record year of wins. Here are just a few of them:
- Plant-based meat surges.
- Europe legislates for farm animals
- Corporations pledge broiler welfare reforms
- Corporations pledge cage-free reforms.
- Cage-free pledges get implemented.
- Cultivated meat achieves milestones
- Fish welfare advances
Bollard, L., (2020). Seven Big Wins for Farm Animals in 2020. Farm Animal Welfare Newsletter, 21 Dec. https://www.openphilanthropy.org/farm-animal-welfare-newsletter-archive. Open Philanthropy, San Francisco, USA.