- President's Perspective: Getting acquainted (John A. Hoyt)
- An ounce of prevention
- Returning to Eden
- Two societies receive accreditation
- The dog bite: whose fault is it?
- Zoos in transition: HSUS' efforts to improve zoos gather momentum (Julie Rovner)
- The campaign against the Draize test -- a personal view (Andrew Rowan)
- The threatened kangaroo (Wendy Boyd)
- The myth and truth of owning wild & exotic pets (Heather McGriffin)
- Two steps forward, one step back: a report on the 1980 Meeting of the International Whaling Commission (Patricia Forkan)
- Volcano destruction hurts animals, too
- Leghold trap ban progresses in Connecticut
- Trapping issues big on West Coast
- Colorado group chooses to drop decompression
- Heat wave deadly for carriage horses
- Ohio bans decompression chamber
- Regulations under review
- Budget cuts threaten enforcement
- Hot weather help
- Battle stations!
- Bird poisoning program protested
- HSUS sues U.S. over dog fights
"HS NEWS Volume 25, Number 04" (1980). HSUS News 1979-88. 9.